SETTING UP YOUR VANITY DOMAIN
Step 1: Advise Domain & Pay Invoices
We will issue an invoice to cover the Odysseus booking platform SSL certificate setup and annual booking platform fee.
ITbyUs (our website development partner) will assist you in setting up the front-end SSL certificate for your White Label website.
- Cruise booking platform Odysseus SSL certificate setup charge and annual fees:
- US$100 one off setup charge
- Then US$100/domain annually
- ITbyUs – front end WordPress SSL setup and ongoing costs:
For example, and best options to do:
- Frontend Website – xyztravel.com
- Backend Booking Platform Website – book.xyztravel.com
Step 2 – Adding the Vanity Domain to the Front End Website
- Update your DNS records to point the A record for your new com (or a subdomain if you are using the main domain for your own website eg: cruise.xyztravel.com) at our IP address: 126.96.36.199
- Also please point the CName of your subdomain DNS record (eg. book.xyztravel.com) at odysol.com
Step 4 – Adding the Vanity Domain to the Cruise Booking Platform
- Create a separate sub-domain (eg. xyztravel.com.au)and add/update the DNS CName record to point to apps.odysol.com
How to add a CNAME record
1. Host: The host name, or prefix, the CNAME record will be set to. You can include a period (.) but not as the first or last character.
- Point to: The URL you are setting as the destination for the host. This will be apps.odysol.com
- TTL: Determine how long the server should cache information. –> Whatever your default is usually works. If it is blank, you can set it at 3600 seconds (1 hour).